Start Shopping HERE
Top 10 Stun Gun Cities
Dog Attacks-The Best Ways To Protect Yourself
By Karen Abby
For millions and millions of Americans walking, running, jogging or cycling outdoors is their main form of exercise. Not only does it get you some fresh air and get you out of the house but the exercise is good for you and it's free. No gym memberships no equipment to buy.
1. First and foremost is to avoid places where aggressive dogs congregate. Dogs have gang mentalities. Avoid groups of three or more.
2. Even though the dog may seem friendly never reach out to pet it. Let it approach you first and smell around.
3. If the dog is in a fenced in area don't assume that it will stay there. An aggressive dog can jump fences in a heartbeat.
4. Never turn your back on a barking dog and never run away from a dog.
5. Never pet a dog when it is eating or drinking.
6. And I always recommend carrying some kind of self-defense product to protect yourself while you're walking, running or jogging.
I used to carry a pepper gun that had very good range but there were just too many problems with the wind. After I wised up a little bit I started to carry Stun Guns For Dogs.
The very best of them all is Peace Keeper Stun Baton. It is thirteen inches long until you activate it. Then it extends to 14.25 inches and powers up to 6 Million volts / 35ma with visible arcing of the electrical charge and audible crackling sounds that many feel are absolutely terrifying.
Those sights and sounds are enough to scare away most two-legged or four-legged dogs. If that doesn't scare the dog away try a short application to the dog's nose to get his attention. He won't bother you again. Stun guns for dogs are the best protection against dog attacks when walking, running or cycling outdoors.
No long-lasting damage is done other than the dog won't forget the experience. Stun devices are illegal in some state so check with your police department first before you get one.